Monday, August 27, 2012

I Approve of Madison

We were fortunate enough to have lunch with my friend Beth and coffee with my friend John in Chicago (thanks guys for making time to meet up!) and then hit the road again - after a short stop at REI (new tent!!).

After hours of driving and traffic we decided to eat in Madison, Wisconsin. What a genius idea. If you ever find yourself in this fine city, I highly recommend eating at The Old Fashioned. Two burgers for the price of one (and Chris just said "this is the best burger I've ever had" with a starkly serious expression on his face. Will Reinhardt - you know what I mean.) and lots of local beer on tap.

We have another 4 hours of driving tonight so we will get to the campsite around midnight. Then we will set up our new tent. And we will do it with full bellies. I approve of this city. Nicely done, Wisconsin.

PS We got fried cheese curds and they are delicious. Look gross. Taste good.

1 comment:

  1. I think you two could become food critics and just travel the country...eating and driving...how could you hate it?

    ReplyDelete