Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sleep finally

Tomorrow is the big day! Everything is packed and ready to go. I feel like I'm leaving for a vacation- not a move because only about a third of my stuff fit in the Honda Accord. It's all good. I have the essentials. My enormous bag of shoes, for example.

I know that I will miss New Hampshire because of how I've been feeling all day- a slight tightening of the chest and appreciation for my years living here. I've decided to focus on the things I WON'T miss, so that it will be easier to get in the car and drive away tomorrow morning. Here is a short list:

1) Getting stopped on Loudon Rd by all four stop lights in the .3 miles between main st and fort eddy rd. Really? These things can't be timed better?
2) Walking to my car in 10 degrees when the wind makes my eyeballs freeze.
3) Digging out my car after a big snowstorm. That was fun the first time but it gets really annoying in work clothes when you're late for a meeting. I guess this is why people have garages, but I never had that luxury.
4) Massachusetts drivers.
5) Businesses that I never get to go to because they close at 5pm.

It's much easier to think of the things I love about this place and I guess that seals the deal that I will be back. That and the other two thirds of my stuff that I'm leaving in Chris's apartment.

I'm excited for the road trip fun time adventure that begins tomorrow. It's been a long day and now I will sleep, finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment